A primary school is a stepping stone to a child formal education. Plain View Combined School is a denominational school for boys and girls from 5 to 12 years of age. We are all very proud of our school and what we can offer your child. This school is very special and unique in that we aspire to enable children to reach their full potential. At Plain View the staff work together to do their best.
Our policy can be viewed by clicking here.
To be eligible to be admitted to Kindergarten or Grade K, you must meet the following requirements as required by the Ministry of Education criteria which are, in priority order:
- The child must turn 5 yeas of age by December 31st in the year he/she attends Kindergarten.
- The child must be immunized
- Nearness of the child’s home and ease of access to school.
Application for Admission
Prospective parents are welcome to visit the school by prior arrangement with the school office. The admission criteria are stated above. Should you fulfill the criteria and wish to apply for a place for your son/daughter. Application should be made at the school.
An application form must be completed in respect of every child for whom admission is sought. Before an application can be considered, the following conditions must be met:
- One Application for admission form completed
- Health Card
- Parents must arrange an interview with the Principal.
- Parents must be prepared to accept the conditions of admission (stated on the admission form)
- A copy of Birth certificate must be presented
- One passport size photograph of the child
- A copy of a utility bill to ensure address of the child
Parents wishing to transfer their children from other schools from Grade 1 – 6 must in addition to the above criteria submit the following:
- Reports from the previous school attended.
- Details of anything out of the ordinary in respect to the child’s health e.g. any special allergies, treatment, etc.
- Details of any disability, impairment or special needs the child has.
- Details of any medication to be taken while at school.
- Reasons why the child cannot participate in sporting activities.
- Any other reasons why the child may not be achieving age-appropriate levels.
We would love to show you around our school. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact our school secretary Ms.L. Joseph at 718 – 454-6402.